Tickets are $9 each. Contact Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve yours!
For more information: bit.ly/gmcretreatinfo
To Register: bit.ly/1poAr80
Visiting a new church for the first time can be nerve-wracking to say the least. Unless you’re already familiar with the congregation, it’s hard to know what to expect. We here at Germantown Mennonite Church (GMC) don’t want to let that stop you from paying us a visit! With that in mind, here’s a short list of what you might want to know before you stop by:
1) Worship is pretty casual. GMCers come in all stripes—and solids, plaids, and polka dots too! Feel free to wear whatever you’re comfortable in.
2) You’ll be greeted at the door. Our very friendly greeters will be happy to welcome you, give you a bulletin to follow along with the service and scripture readings, and even help you find a seat if you’d like.
3) We use three different hymnals during the service, and often share them from seat to seat. Usually you won’t have to ask--one will be offered before you even have a chance to look around.
4) There will be a period during the service where guests are invited to introduce themselves. You’re more than welcome to stand up and say hello, but please don’t feel like you have to!
5) On the other hand, if you stay for coffee and snacks afterward, be prepared to introduce yourself then. Our congregation is very friendly and welcoming, and they’ll definitely want to get to know you a little better.
We would love to have you as a guest and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to contact us before or after your visit. And remember, no matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here.
What can I do?